Just a friendly reminder that a yearly tradition is nearly here.
The spirit of the tradition is to honor John Egbert’s love of bad, cheesy, and overblown movies: by go seeing a bad, cheesy, and overblown movie.
"Go See A Bad Movie" Day started as a personal Homestuck Tradition to celebrate a the update of Cascade on October 25th, 2011. I went to see "The Three Musketeers."
I had told my friend about this and the following year we decided to continue the tradition, and we went to go see "Pitch Perfect." and the year after that, "Carrie"
As of so far as this year’s flicks are looking…. there is going to be several to choose from.
Personal forerunner: Dracula Untold. It looks so bad, but not horrible.
The spirit of the day is not to see an unwatchable movie, just one that isn’t good. You don’t want to punish yourself.
A Reminder that this is a thing. The movie is subject to change (if there is no theater locally playing it, or it gets vetoed for another).
I noticed while most OC challenges ask really short questions or give drawing prompts, none that I saw went into the emotions which usually make a character feel human and propel them through a story. Thus I created the following list to try and get the core essence of a character- not just the facts about them.
Write a paragraph or so about your OC reacting to the following prompts:
- Waking up on a rainy morning.
- Meeting their best friend after having been away on a long trip.
- Introducing a friend to their favorite thing/past time.
- Trying on something that doesn’t fit or trying something that they end up not liking. (Take your pick.)
- Seeing someone they’re attracted to while walking down the street.
- Being frightened by something unexpected.
- Getting a low score on an important test or failing something they tried really hard on. (Take your pick.)
- Having insomnia one night.
- Is sick and some friends come over to help.
- Gets in a fight with a relative over something important to them.